Friday, August 24, 2012

The Search (Intro)

I started thinking about moving into a house when I got my second dog, Zoro.  I got him to keep my Boston Terrier, Sasha, company while I was away at work.  
(That's Zoro keeping Sasha company... literally)
Then, I wanted a backyard.  The initial start to rent a house with a backyard eventually got me thinking to purchase a home.  This is when I pulled up my Kindle app and downloaded "Mortgage for Dummies".

At age 25, most unmarried women don't think about purchasing a home.  There are a lot of "what if's".

What if I get married?
What if I decide to move in with my boyfriend?
What if I don't want to settle in the city I'm in?
What if I lose my job, and can't pay the mortgage?


Well, ladies, if you're thinking these questions, I totally understand.  If you have any doubts, I suggest you keep renting.  However, the faster you dive into the real estate business (at least, in my opinion), the better of you will be in the long run.  Kinda like your 401K.  Like any investment though, there are risks and you have to be willing to take them.

There are costs associated to purchasing a home, yes.  It is not an easy task to buy a home.  You need to save a lot of money.  But ultimately, your home will be yours.  You can do whatever your heart desires to it. Why pay someone else's mortgage (whether it's the apartment complex's huge mortgage or your landlord's), when you can pay your own?  

Enter Michelle.  My crazy AWESOME Realtor.  My SuperHero and SuperMom (she was 8 1/2 months pregnant and about to pop when she first met with me) who, honestly, did it all.  We looked at houses for 2 weeks after we met, then she went into labor.  She calls me 5 days after and says, "Ready to go for more houses??"  I'm telling you, she's crazy.

We looked at 87 houses.  87!!  Did I mention that she's my hero??

Ultimately, I landed a lovely home that I love love LOVE.  

Now, my entire process to get to this point?  Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment